Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Brrrrrr!

I keep forgetting to mention the temperature in the park. Each day has been a high in the 70's, which is delightful, although 2 days ago the wind was so strong that it felt much colder.

At night though the temperature plummets into the 30's! When we go to bed our room is comfortable but each night I wake up in the middle of the night freezing and have to go turn on the heat. Then, when I get up early and head to the lodge lobby to use the internet (as I am right now), I scramble to find warm clothes and a fleece and get dressed without waking Laura and "A". I go out to walk the quarter of a mile to the lodge from our room, and even dressed warmly, it is freezing.

We brought our winterish coats on the trip, but they are buried in the trunk and I haven't retrieved them. Maybe it's time to rethink that strategy!

Talk to you in a couple days.

No comments: