Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day 16 -- Grand Teton National Park, 2nd Day

No photos right now, though I have an absolute beauty I want to post -- "A" is hogging up the laptop, so I'm using the lodge's guest computer and can't upload pictures.

We had a nice first half of our day -- going on a nice hike. Then we had lunch at Jenny Lake Lodge -- the nicest inn in the park. We might have wanted to get a room there, but at $900 a night (!!!), we thought better of it.

Lunch was delicious -- trout for Laura, Smoked Salmon sandwich for me, and a gourmet tuna sandwich for "A". Perhaps it sounds mundane, but they were quite the culinary artists.

Then, believe it or not, I had a PJA-related conference call that took an hour and a half and was quite intense. I have not been able to go out of town once in the last number of years without business issues dogging me. Oh well, nothing to worry about, but it led to a weary period which was finally eliminated by the fam coming and sitting in the nice lobby and listening to a nice pianist -- like something from a bygone era.

Don't expect to blog until Friday (though I may sneak in the photos early tomorrow before we leave). It's off to Old Faithful Snow Lodge in Yellowstone for next two days, then on to Salt Lake.

No comments: